Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Small Moments

This week has been full of small magic moments that cause me to stop, take a few seconds to myself, and thank God that I'm alive. I found myself walking across one of the bridges in Florence today and had to pause to stare at the river. This turned into a 5 to 10 minute ordeal so that I could simply contemplate life and the blessings I have been given. My family and friends have been so supportive throughout this adventure to the point where I don't think I can repay them. My hope however, is that you know that I love and thank you all.

From the authentic lunch I shared with my photography class, to the nights out shared with genuine friends, to the small laugh I have to do when everyone freaks out because it's raining slightly, this experience is full of joys that I try to hold on to. I find that the unplanned smiles are often the best.

I leave for Croatia late tomorrow to attend the Ultra Music Festival. It's going to be quite a wild ride. Then, I get to look forward to mom and grandma coming over for a visit. That means I can have wine that costs more than 2 Euro.

To all of you reading this, take a minute out of your day today to admire something beautiful. Make a mental note, and keep it with you for the rest of the day.

With love,

Rhett

1 comment:

  1. Always and forever remember to stop and take time to breathe in the blessings of the day. You are so loved, but you give back in full...! I too am so looking forward to see you soon and for you to show us" your" Florence.

    ReplyDelete