Monday, June 23, 2014

Bus2Alps: Prague and Munich

At the beginning of the weekend I was skeptical. I hardly knew anything about the places I had signed up to travel and I knew next to nothing about the travel agency, Bus2Alps, that I was using. When I arrived at the bus station, I came across a large group of predominantly well-dressed, Greek Life study abroad students being herded by leaders in neon blue bro tanks. I thought, "This is either going to be a blast, or I'm going to be so annoyed with everyone by the end of this trip". After a 12 hour bus ride and a few sleep deprived days together, I can say that this past weekend was truly remarkable.

It seems that at every turn I meet someone that I get along with in an instant. On this trip I had the opportunity to meet even more great friends that I hope to continue to connect with here in Florence. From Arizona to North Carolina to even Guatemala, everyone came together and meshed well.

Prague looks like something out of a fairytale. Each building has such rich history within its architecture. Our tour guide was bar none with his antics and inappropriate description of poeple and places. By far the most entertaining tour of the trip thus far. We saw amazing buildings, visited the Lennon Wall, ate at wonderful pubs with authentic Czech food, and learned about Prague's intertwined history with World War 2.

After two outstanding days and fun-filled nights in Prague, we bused down to Munich for the afternoon. There, we took a group bike tour around the city as well as ate at the second largest beer garden in the world. The scenerio was every fraternity man's dream.

I can't even complain about the bus ride home. I was able to sit with the leaders of the group and they all turned out to be articulate, well-balanced, Dutch-Brothers-looking, kind of people. We watched movies, gave awkward foot massages, and tended to not sleep most of the way even though we were all running on about 3 hours.

Rome's next weekend, let's see how it stacks up.

With love,

Rhett

1 comment: