Monday, June 9, 2014

Last Goodbyes

I've arrived at the Portland airport with Paul Bluhm's voice stuck in the back of my mind saying, "Rhett, you have to take a picture of the carpet. It's just, what you do..." So I did. These Portland kids are rubbing off on me too much.

The morning was wonderful. My dad and I revisited the normal routine with breakfast at Sherry's and an exchange of good conversation. I normally don't have any trouble saying good bye, but this week has been a little bit different with friends and family. The fact that I can't just come home whenever I'd like changes things and makes parting ways a little more difficult.

Throughout the past few days, friends have gone out of their way to wish me safe travels and tell me they love me. A wonderful end to a not so wonderful week, but God sends angels at just the right time doesn't he.

I leave in 2 hours for an 11 hour flight to Amsterdam, then catch another flight to Italy. I'll arrive early afternoon their time, which is middle of the night here in the states. This still all seems surreal but I can't wait to embark on this journey.

With love,

Rhett

2 comments:

  1. You are going to have a great adventure! God Speed Rhett. Much love. ~Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. and away you go!!! been thinking of you all day!! lov ya...Gma

    ReplyDelete