Sunday, June 15, 2014

The World Cup

Needless to say, Europe is the place to be if you want to be involved in all things soccer. Last night, Italy played at midnight our time which meant it was going to be a late night, and it was. We chanted with the local fans and watched the game right up until the end. We all cheered them on to a 2-1 victory over England. We can only hope that USA has a strong showing tomorrow night. Regardless of the fact that there is class the next morning, you best believe we will be representing the red, white, and blue with true patriotism. It's so much fun to get swept up by the fanfare present in the city.

My first class is at 9:30am tomorrow morning. I need to be up bright and early to get ready for my course in "Photographing Florence". Perhaps it wasn't my best decision to sign up for a photography class when I had no intentions of actually bringing a camera. Hopefully my phone will suffice, or I'll have to swindle someone else out of their camera with my tremendous skills of persuasion.

I'm sure there will be many pictures and stories to come. Thank you for all of those who are keeping up on the adventure and giving me encouragement along the way. Happy Father's Day to everyone back home.

With love,

Rhett

3 comments:

  1. No camera? What? I am so disappointed in you Rhett......

    ReplyDelete
  2. what no camera....you never leave home without a camera!! So pay attention in class, cause I want all the info when I get there, so all my pictures will be wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Write down the pictures you want to being home. Then you and gma take them for you. Some phones that better pictures than some cameras.

    ReplyDelete