Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Landed: Marilyn and the Knife

A ten hour flight to Amsterdam. A two hour flight to Florence. I'm here now in the middle of the city.

The flight was hilarious however. I sat next to a wonderful lady named Marilyn who told me all of the things I should do while I was over seas. Then, with a little help from my flight attendant friend Cindy, we convinced everyone it was my 21st birthday so I could have drinks on the plane trip. She even gave me some brownies from first class.

Things got interesting when I landed in Amsterdam though. Without my knowing, somehow there was a pocket knife stowed away in my carry on. I got a warning, they through the knife away, and I was happy it didn't escalate further. I connected with my friend Meghan and we rode the rest of the way together.

I'm a block away from campus in my apartment. I have a roommate from Denmark and a roommate from Indonesia. The lack of air conditioning is gonna be tough though considering it nearly 100 degrees here.

With love,

Rhett

5 comments:

  1. glad to know you arrived safely!! pocket knife....hummm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pocket knife? How did you get through US security with that thing? Yea, glad they didn't put you on a flight back home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, how did that make it through U.S. security......funny story, Doug got his pocket knife confiscated in the Boise Airport...the TSA agent tried to make him feel better by telling him that they donated the pocket knives to the Boy Scouts, her coworker however said in a huff..."We DO NOT!". Doug laughed so hard at the look the first agent gave the second. Made losing the pocket knife less painful. :) Have a great time getting settled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And........you traveled all the way to the DESIGN MECCA of the world, and THAT is the old T-shirt you wore???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear you had a nice trip over except for the knife. You will make a lot of friends an hope you will keep in contact with them afterwards, I injoyed my time in Germany and the traveling to the other counties.

    ReplyDelete